Wow!! If I think SPC12, I think beautiful slide decks, vibrant colours, amazing people and of course – SHAREPOINT!! 10,000 attendees – 85 countries – imagine that?!
I’m sure I’m not the only one who got that “Game of Thrones” deja vu #goosebumpstuff. That…. ‘something big is about to happen’ feeling.
Weren’t’ there? Here are some great Videos to watch:
- o SharePoint Conference 2012 Opening Keynote
- o SharePoint Conference 2012 Keynote Intro Video
- o SharePoint Conference 2012 Walk-Through
- o SPC12 SharePoint Conference – Bon Jovi Concert – Fireworx
- o Opening Keynote on YouTube
There were over 300 sessions (read more) held which were broken down into different categories for:
- IT Professionals
- Business case studies
Most amazing thing about the conference?
The People… “Cause people without SharePoint will be people. But SharePoint without people is PointLess”.
Saw old friends again. Met people that have been my heroes for years. Made new friends.
I came back knowing that I have to share what I know with people (even if I think it’s insignificant – it’s important to someone out there).
The SharePoint Community Wall:
“Creativity is inventing, experimenting, growing, taking risks, breaking rules, making mistakes, and having fun.” – Mary Lou Cook
What an interesting project by even more interesting people? They’re called Graphic Recorders or Visual Practitioners. They use visual methods to assist learning and communication between groups and individuals. Assisting people in thinking, or “helping people SEE WHAT THEY MEAN”. Wow, wow, WOW!!!
Read some more about this. How To Visualize Ideas, Information & Data Using Sketchnoting
3 Best sessions (4 me):
Automating SharePoint Governance and Management – Dan Holme
Succeeding With SharePoint In Seven Steps – Richard Harbridge
Unlocking the Secrets of User Adoption Success – Sue Hanley
Just loved Sue’s representation of “Being Prepared” (below):
- The parties were out of this world. Thank you AvePoint, Axceler & of course Microsoft.
- Venue, food, staff, refreshments – amazing! What a “well-oiled-machine” – considering we were 10,000 people!
- MySPC – Information supplied
- Sadly walked out of some sessions. Not because of content – purely because some of the speakers couldn’t captivate an audience even if they could hypnotize them…
- MySPC – Availability / performance when logging on
So….. that’s me about SPC12.
Thank you to everyone that made it amazing!!