#Microsoft365 – OneDrive for Business is part of Office 365 and also a storage place in the cloud for your work related files. Access your files from any device and co-author files with your co-workers.
For previous posts in my #Microsoft365Challenge go to the index page.
Important to know:
- OneDrive is meant for personal storage and OneDrive for Business is for workplace content.
- Through Office 365 you get 1 TB of space (this can be managed and changed by your administrators).
- Files are private until you share them.
- Files can be shared outside of your organisation (again depending on the settings managed by your administrators).
- Outlook now allows sharing OneDrive files via attachment or link. Note that links gives the people you send it to permissions to edit.
- OneDrive for Business can be accessed Online and/or synced to your PC (you will see it in your File Explorer) as well as through an App on your phone.
- OneDrive for Business can be purchased as standalone plans separate from Office 365.
- OneDrive for Business was previously known as SkyDrive Pro.
- Now includes Files on Demand – which allows for you to see all your files without downloading them. Simply select the file you want to download.
- Real-time Co-authoring is available on files in OneDrive.
- Office 365 Admin center provides a dashboard which includes active user count, file storage utilized, and allows drill-down into each user to see last activity date, number of files, and storage used.
What is OneDrive for Business?
- What is OneDrive for Business?
- OneDrive for Business
- What is OneDrive for Business? Video
- Do more wherever you go
- Compare OneDrive for Business plans
- OneDrive for Business Service Description
- Share your files from anywhere
- Introducing OneDrive Files On-Demand and other features making it easy to access files
- File Security in Microsoft SharePoint and OneDrive for Business
Purpose of this blog challenge:
I will write 365 blogs in 365 days around Microsoft 365. I did a similar challenge with Office 365, blogs can be found here. I won’t just be talking about the new Microsoft 365 subscription model. I will be sharing any news, tips and tricks around Office / Office 365 / Windows / Mobility and Security. And let’s not forget all the great new Apps & services available. A lot of what I’ll share on Office and SharePoint will also be applicable to none “Office 365” versions.
Feel free to #AskBraam if you have questions or would like me to write about a specific topic. I’ve created a Flow to monitor Twitter for the #AskBraam hashtag and will try my best to incorporate any questions into the blogs, or answer them directly on Twitter. This is a “Learning through Sharing” approach to teach my pet sheep about Microsoft – read more on this here.