#Microsoft365 – Planner is a great new tool to organise your team’s work / initiatives better. Assign tasks, make notes (chat), share files and update the progress. This is also a great way to manage resources for projects.
For previous posts in my #Microsoft365Challenge go to the index page.
Organize teamwork with Microsoft Planner. Take the chaos out of teamwork and get more done! Planner makes it easy for your team to create new plans, organize and assign tasks, share files, chat about what you’re working on, and get updates on progress. Read more…
Important to know:
- Access Planner from the App Launcher in Office 365 or by navigating to https://tasks.office.com
- Planner is available in most Office 365 subscriptions
- Available online and mobiles apps, but not for desktop
- Group tasks by Bucket, Assigned To & Progress
- Each plan has its own board, where you can organize tasks into buckets.
- Add different coloured labels to categorise your tasks better
- Tasks can be assigned to multiple people
- My Tasks shows all your tasks across all your plans
- Planner integration is available in Microsoft Flow
- Planner does not integrate with Projects Online
- Office 365 Groups & Microsoft Teams provision a plan for each
- Planner is NOT meant for detailed project plans and does not replace Microsoft Projects
- Planner can be added as a Tab in your Microsoft Teams
- Assigned tasks sends emails to the Group mailbox, on which you can comment. These comments gets added back on the task in Planner
- A plan creates an Office 365 Group and vice versa
- Organize teamwork with
- Microsoft PlannerGet the most from Office with Office 365
- 6 things you need to know about Microsoft Planner, the new work management offering from Microsoft
- Introducing Microsoft Planner – a new way to organize work
- Microsoft Planner Overview
Purpose of this blog challenge:
I will write 365 blogs in 365 days around Microsoft 365. I did a similar challenge with Office 365, blogs can be found here. I won’t just be talking about the new Microsoft 365 subscription model. I will be sharing any news, tips and tricks around Office / Office 365 / Windows / Mobility and Security. And let’s not forget all the great new Apps & services available. A lot of what I’ll share on Office and SharePoint will also be applicable to none “Office 365” versions.
Feel free to #AskBraam if you have questions or would like me to write about a specific topic. I’ve created a Flow to monitor Twitter for the #AskBraam hashtag and will try my best to incorporate any questions into the blogs, or answer them directly on Twitter. This is a “Learning through Sharing” approach to teach my pet sheep about Microsoft – read more on this here.