To finalize our Build and Maintain a #SharePoint #Intranet Series I’ll share a checklist of items to monitor on a regular basis. Build this into your responsibility matrix and add it to the KPI’s of your Super Users. I definitely can’t think of everything – if you have anything to add to this list, please comment on the post and I’ll add it. I hope you’ve enjoyed the Build and Empower Series and that it’s helped you in your #SharePoint #Intranet life. Stay Awesome! 🙂
Here’s a checklist of some items I want you to do on a regular basis:
- Check Site Pages Library for Checked out Pages
- Check Document / Picture Libraries for Checked Out Items
- Make sure that all Graphics are good quality
- Confirm that Pages display well on mobile or smart devices (remember that web parts wrap and images crop differently)
- Test the Intranet on different browsers
- Read the feedback from your Surveys and respond where necessary
- Look at the help-desk calls related to your Intranet on a regular basis and adapt your training, guidelines and governance based on it.
- Update your responsibility matrix for the Intranet (list of super users and areas)
- Monitor the Office 365 Roadmap for any updates on SharePoint
- Share new features with super users and train where necessary
- Monitor duplicate documents and naming conventions in your main libraries
- Deal with outdated content
- Include Intranet induction for new employees in company
- Check Recycle Bin for “accidental bulk deletes”
- Update your Intranet to include new features and information for your employees
- Refresh your Home page every couple of months (not everything, just graphics at least)
- Monitor the adoption and usage statistics for your site
- If you have any workflows running, check these for errors
- Check unique permissions, ultimately you don’t want to break inheritance on item, folder or even app level where you can
- Meet regularly with the Intranet Forum (Super Users) to get feedback and plan improvements
I definitely can’t think of everything – if you have anything to add to this list, please comment on the post and I’ll add it.
- Empower Your #SharePoint #Intranet Super Users Part 1 to 12
- Let’s Build a #SharePoint Intranet Together Part 1 to 21
Purpose of this blog challenge: I will write 365 blogs in 365 days around Microsoft 365. I did a similar challenge with Office 365, blogs can be found https://tracyvanderschyff.com/microsoft-365/ . I won’t just be talking about the new Microsoft 365 subscription model. I will be sharing any news, tips and tricks around Office / Office 365 / Windows / Mobility and Security. And let’s not forget all the great new Apps & services available. A lot of what I’ll share on Office and SharePoint will also be applicable to none “Office 365” versions.
“You can also find me contributing to REgarding 365. I’m a member of a group of enthusiasts, sharing their stories, thoughts and opinions about Microsoft 365. Catch us at https://regarding365.com | @regarding365 on Twitter and regarding365 on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/regarding365 ”
Disclaimer: I create content about Office / Microsoft 365. Content is accurate at time of publication, however updates and new additions happen daily which could change the accuracy or relevance. Please keep this in mind when using my blogs as guidelines.
Leave a Reply