In the previous blog we created a #PowerAutomate to show created tasks from #Planner in a channel in #MicrosoftTeams. Today we’ll look at showing the correct display names by using an expression in a variable and the Get User Profile Action. #PowerPlatform #PowerAddicts.
I will be pausing this #PowerPlatform challenge for a bit while I focus more on getting content out to help people work from home successfully and with confidence. Of course I’ll return and continue blogging on the #PowerPlatform. #WFH #WFHTips #WFHWithConfidence See you soon 🙂
Disclaimer: The purpose of this #PowerPlatform 1 month blog series is not to create experts, but create curious, self-learning #HumansofIT, not afraid to try, fail and learn. Focus is to enable #CitizenDevelopers (non developers) to add extra to ordinary and become EXTRAORDINARY. All humans have the ability to be great, it’s fear of failing and the unknown that keeps us back. If that’s the only thing I can achieve, to break down your fear of technical concepts, then my work here is done 🙂
Expression used: substring(string(triggerBody()?[‘assignments’]), 2, 36)
Other blogs in this 1 month #PowerPlatform series:
- Getting Started with the Microsoft Power Platform
- Microsoft Power Platform: What is Power BI?
- Microsoft Power Platform: Using Power BI on different platforms / devices
- Microsoft Power Platform: Introduction to Power Automate (Flow)
- Power Platform: What are the connectors & triggers in Power Automate?
- Power Platform: How to use Templates in Power Automate
- Power Platform: Save email attachments to OneDrive with Power Automate
- Power Platform: Create a Power Automate workflow from scratch
- Power Platform: Post selected Tweets from Twitter to Yammer with Power Automate
- Power Platform: Use Power Automate to save email attachments to Microsoft Teams
- Power Platform: Approve and move documents to other folders with Power Automate
- Power Platform: Create a Leave Request SharePoint List and setup approvals with Power Automate
- Power Platform: Share, Save As, Send a Copy & Export Power Automate Workflows
- Power Platform: Troubleshoot your Power Automate workflow Errors
- Power Platform: Making sense of the licensing options for Power Automate
- Power Platform: Power BI Service Features by License Type
- Power Platform: What How When & Why
- Power Platform: Track created Planner Tasks with Power Automate
Community = #LearningThroughSharing
Power Automate Specific
Twitter handles to follow:
- Microsoft Power Virtual Agents @MSPowerVirtual
- Microsoft Power Apps @MSPowerApps
- Microsoft Power Automate @MSPowerAutomate
- Microsoft Power BI @MSPowerBI
- Dynamics 365 @MSFTDynamics365
- Microsoft Azure @Azure
- Office 365 @Office365
- Microsoft @Microsoft
- Tech Community @MSTCommunity
See you tomorrow… 🙂
Moving to the Cloud or stuck somewhere without adoption? Contact me for a FREE 60 minute, Microsoft 365 Immersion Experience.
Disclaimer: I create content about Office / Microsoft 365. Content is accurate at time of publication, however updates and new additions happen daily which could change the accuracy or relevance. Please keep this in mind when using my blogs as guidelines. And yes, I change my mind all the time as well, because “The only thing that is constant, is change”.
My life mission is to “Facilitate the evolution of human capabilities”: Reach out on: Website > LinkedIn > SlideShare > Twitter > Medium > YouTube > MVP Profile > Contact Me