#Office365Challenge – Microsoft FastTrack – Service Readiness is the second section to be completed as part of your success plan.
|Day:||123 of 365, 242 left|
|Tools:||SharePoint, Office 365|
|Description:||Microsoft FastTrack – Service Readiness|
Related posts / resources:
Around the Office 365 Days: Day 121 – Microsoft FastTrack – Success Plans
Around the Office 365 Days: Day 122 – Microsoft FastTrack – Business Case
In the previous post we covered the following steps:
Step 1: Sign In to Microsoft FastTrack
Step 2: Create the Success Plan
Step 3: Complete the Business Case
The success plan consists of the following segments:
- Business Case
- Service Readiness
- Adoption Activities
Today we’ll have a look at the Service Readiness:
The Service Readiness Segment asks the following questions to determine your current state (readiness):
- Select all current Microsoft cloud services you are using today
- Do you plan to engage the FastTrack Center to assist in onboarding or migration for Office 365?
- Do you have an on-premises Active Directory in place?
- Before you deploy your cloud service you need to plan and verify you have sufficient bandwidth for use of the cloud service. Have you already done this for this service?
- Do you have the need to connect to the cloud service via the Azure ExpressRoute feature?
- Are there any restrictions on the current environment that could impact this project? (For example, outsourced organization, change management controls, restriction to infrastructure, to hardware, or virtual machines.)
- Do you have experience using a cloud platform service for other projects?
Catch you tomorrow for the Onboarding Section.
Overview of my challenge: As an absolute lover of all things Microsoft, I’ve decided to undertake the challenge, of writing a blog every single day, for the next 365 days. Crazy, I know. And I’ll try my best, but if I cannot find something good to say about Office 365 and the Tools it includes for 365 days, I’m changing my profession. So let’s write this epic tale of “Around the Office in 365 Days”. My ode to Microsoft Office 365.
Keep in mind that these tips and tricks do not only apply to Office 365 – but where applicable, to the overall Microsoft Office Suite and SharePoint.