#Microsoft365 – Chat, audio and video calls in the easy to use Skype for Business platform. Used for conversations like WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger etc., but with added functionality to facilitate collaboration in your business.
For previous posts in my #Microsoft365Challenge go to the index page.
I hate traffic. So much that I rather take the dangerous commute with my motorcycles than waste my life away in traffic. How amazing is Skype for Business then which allows me to have meetings with my team – without leaving my home? It allows for audio and video calls, sharing your screen for presentations as well as letting someone take control of your screen (great for tech support / training).
What is it?
- It’s like Skype, but with added functionality to help run your business efficiently
- See availability – online / meeting / presenting
- Skype for Business is available on Windows, Mac, iPhone, Android 7 and Windows phone
- You can broadcast meetings to large audiences
- Make voice and video calls
- Can be used for instant messaging
- Share your screen, allow others to take control
- Use a whiteboard in your meeting, add polls & QA’s
- Rich integration with other Office products to allow seamless productivity
- Now also available as the conversation tool in Microsoft Teams
- Record sessions in full HD
- Add up to 250 people to online meetings
- Provides enterprise-grade security
Here’s a great overview to get you started:
- Quick Start Guides about Skype for Business
- Discover Skype for Business
- What’s Skype for Business?
- Change your picture
- Add a contact from your org or the Skype directory
- Send an IM
- Make and receive a video call
- Make a call using your PBX desk phone for audio
- Set up a Skype for Business meeting in Outlook
- Join a Skype for Business meeting
- Call into a meeting on your mobile or other phone
- Set up and test Skype for Business audio and video
- Install Skype for Business on your PC
- What’s the difference between Skype, Skype Meetings, and Skype for Business?
Purpose of this blog challenge:
I will write 365 blogs in 365 days around Microsoft 365. I did a similar challenge with Office 365, blogs can be found here. I won’t just be talking about the new Microsoft 365 subscription model. I will be sharing any news, tips and tricks around Office / Office 365 / Windows / Mobility and Security. And let’s not forget all the great new Apps & services available. A lot of what I’ll share on Office and SharePoint will also be applicable to none “Office 365” versions.
Feel free to #AskBraam if you have questions or would like me to write about a specific topic. I’ve created a Flow to monitor Twitter for the #AskBraam hashtag and will try my best to incorporate any questions into the blogs, or answer them directly on Twitter. This is a “Learning through Sharing” approach to teach my pet sheep about Microsoft – read more on this here.
Leave a Reply